Sunday, May 15, 2011

Salmon patties

These are so easy and yummy!! I used to make these quite often before we had children and for some reason haven't ever made them for my boys. They loved them and wondered why I had never made them before.

I took 2 cans of boneless pink canned salmon and mixed it with chopped onion and bell pepper. I added a few spices like paprika, salt, pepper and a favorite in our house, Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning. I added one egg to the mixture and enough bread crumbs to keep the mixture together enough to form patties. Then, after I formed the patties I put more bread crumbs on the outside of the patties.
Heat a small amount of vegetable oil in a pan over Med-High heat. Fry patties a few minutes on each side until brown and crispy.
We used a homemade spicy mayo dip (mayo, Sriracha, a little wasabi and a small amount of lemon juice) for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment