- Saute sliced onions and celery in a small amount of butter and salt and pepper
- Add cooked chicken, I use shredded rotisserie chicken, then add around 3 cups of chicken broth to the pot.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Two options for dumplings are, using the recipe for dumplings on the back of the Bisquick box or using refrigerated biscuits.
- When using refrigerated biscuits, use the "cheap" kind, not flaky layers or Grands. I cut the biscuits up in 4 pieces per biscuit and then lightly coat all the biscuit pieces in flour before adding to the chicken broth mixture. Cook stir occasionally until biscuit dough is cooked though.
Friday, May 13, 2011
Chicken and Dumplings
This is a meal I used to be afraid of preparing because it seemed complicated but it is really very easy with very few ingredients.