Tortellini and White Bean Soup
- Preparation1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 8-oz. package fresh cheese or meat tortellini
- 1 15-oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt, optional
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1. Warm oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add celery, tomatoes and oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until celery begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, 2 minutes longer.
- 2. Stir in broth and bring soup to a boil. Carefully add tortellini and beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until soup is heated through and tortellini are tender, about 7 minutes. Season with salt, if desired. Divide soup among 4 bowls, sprinkle each with 1 Tbsp. Parmesan and serve immediately.
This was so easy to prepare and I already had most of the ingredients on hand. You could always add a little sausage or ham to the soup for flavor and added protein. I served it with garlic bread and a salad.
Source: All You magazine http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/tortellini-white-bean-soup-50400000120131/