Thursday, September 6, 2012

I have been told that my blog posts have been missed...

I have been told lately that there are a few people out there missing my blog posts and wondering what we have been having for dinner lately. I got out of the habit of blogging I think, because I got a little bored with meal planning and felt like we were having the same meals all the time. Also, I have been stretching our food dollar and using what we have on hand instead of going to the store and making extravagant meals all the time. So here is my first post in a long time and an example of using what you have on hand to make a yummy side dish.



Tonight we are having "Breakfast for dinner" which there are endless possibilities to do with that theme, but we are having omelets (with whatever veggies and deli meat and cheese we have on hand), turkey sausage and deconstructed baked potatoes (see below).

Deconstructed Baked Potatoes

This dish was made using lots of bits and pieces so I do not have exact measurements.

A handful of new potatoes or a couple of medium baking potatoes
Any of the following toppings:
bacon pieces, jalapenos, scallions, cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, butter, salt and pepper


Cook your potatoes in the microwave and then dice up in a small casserole dish and then combine with any of the above toppings and mix up to make a sort of hash. It is so yummy and goes great as a easy side dish.



No comments:

Post a Comment