Sausage & Tortellini Stew
Servings Per Recipe 6
- 4 sweet Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini (such as Buitoni)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1. Crumble sausages into a bowl and stir together with tomatoes, green beans, onion and Italian seasoning; place mixture in slow cooker. Cover slow cooker bowl and cook 3 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW.
2. When there is 20 minutes remaining, stir in tortellini, oregano and 1 cup water; continue cooking. Serve immediately.
We had this recipe I found at familycircle.com for dinner tonight and it was very good. It was very quick and easy to put together in the crock pot in the morning and tasted great. I paired it with some garlic bread and a side salad.